A blog chronicling the adventures of a Chicago-based hairstylist and makeup artist!

December 1, 2010

Beauty Buys!


I was messing around with my Hipstamatic Camera application on my iPhone and decided to post some pictures of recent beauty buys that I have made!

Alojoba shampoo and conditioner, Bumble and Bumble. I've posted about Alojoba before because I love it. It's organic with a low pH and combines aloe, jojoba oil, chamomile, cucumber and vitamins E and B5. It's gentle on color and your scalp. It has low amounts of surfactant (what makes it lather) in it in order to be gentle. Don't use too much. It still works even without tons of lather. Limp haired ladies, this may not be for you. Anyone with coarse, frizzy or normal hair, give it a go!! Get it here.

Almay Intense I-Color Mascara in Purple Amethyst.  I haven't used this yet but I am excited because it is purple!  Purple mascara makes brown eyes pop so I plan on coating my lower lashes with this for a little added pizazz!  Supposedly, it is hypoallergenic which is awesome because I have very sensitive skin around my eyes!  It comes in three other colors, intended to make your eye color even more intense.  Check all four out here.

Have you tried these products? What are your thoughts?

No comments: