A blog chronicling the adventures of a Chicago-based hairstylist and makeup artist!

December 28, 2010

Gifts For My Loved Ones.


     Christmas has come and gone and it was amazing. I love giving the people I love awesome things! Here are some of my favorites:

      I gave my mother the Eye Wish Palette by Smashbox. I thought that she would love it because not only does it include 12 eyeshadows, four cream liners, a mini Lash DNA mascara and a mini Photo Finish Eyelid Primer, it also contains step by step how-to cards that teach you a plethora of looks and, because I bought it at Ulta, it came with a limited edition set of full-size Smashbox brushes. Another perk for giving this as a gift is that for every kit purchased, $1 is donated to the Children's Miracle Network. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, get it now! The Eye Wish Palette is limited edition. Pick it up here.
      For my 15 year old niece, Hannah, I picked up Face Forward by the late Kevyn Aucoin and Coastal Scents' 88 eyeshadow paletteFace Forward is a great book for anyone of any age.  It features how-to information as well as incredible transformations of top stars into iconic celebrities of the past.  The Coastal Scents palette is a great back up in case you run out of your favorite shade or want to wear something crazy but don't want to invest in a pricey hue.  Pick up Face Forward here and the Coastal Scents palette here.

      I gave my friend Jessica Confessions of a Concealaholic by Benefit Cosmetics as well as the Pure Gold Jumbo Eye Pencil, Pen Eyeliner in Black and two Girls Round Lip Glosses in Kiss and Frosted Red by NYX.  I love the Confessions of a Concealaholic kit by Benefit because it contains a mini "That Gal" Face Primer, two different shades of the Boi-ing concealer, a mini Erase Paste brightening concealer, a mini Lemon Aid (yellow) eye lid primer, a mini Eye Bright (pink) eye lid primer, brushes, instructions and it comes in adorable packaging!  I bought Jess the Pure Gold pencil by NYX because, as I have mentioned before, I love it!  The eye liner and lip glosses are shots in the dark but I will let you know what she thinks!  Get Confessions of a Concealaholic here and the NYX products here!


     For work we did a Secret Santa gift exchange and I received my lovely co-worker Amber.  I gave her the Her Name Was Glowla kit by Benefit Cosmetics (Noticing a trend?) because she is a diva and it is a palette for divas.  It is a limited edition kit so get it now!  The kit includes minis of Benefit's fabulous peach blush, CORALista as well as their High Beam and Moon Beam highlighters, five eyeshadows, BADgal Lash, lip gloss, brush and instructions, all in Benefit's amazing packaging!  LOVE IT!  Get it here while you can.
      What beauty products did you get your loved ones this Christmas? 


No comments: