A blog chronicling the adventures of a Chicago-based hairstylist and makeup artist!

June 14, 2011

Dry Shampoo.

Dry shampoos, sometimes called "hair powder", are all the rage right now and for good reason. I am sure that you have heard that it is bad to wash your hair every day. Dry shampoos help you wait longer in between washings and they also give your hair volume and a really fun, matte finish. Check out a few that I like below.


Schwarzkopf Osis Dust It Powder  $12.50

★★★★
I have written about this one before. It comes in a shaker and you put it on like salt or pepper.  Throughout the day if your hair begins to fall flat, just rough it up and it will reignite the volume. 








Tigi Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo  $16.49
★★★
This is a pretty great product, especially considering the price point. It's a spray and it works. However, I have experienced the can clogging (notice I only gave it three stars). I have only had it happen to two cans and after I exchanged the second can it didn't happen again, so hopefully they remedied the problem.







 Bumble & bumble Hair Powder- various colors  $35
★★★★★
The Bb. hair powder is a little more pricey but this is definitely a situation of getting what you pay for. It is great and it comes in a multitude of colors. Not only does it absorb oil, mattify the hair and add volume but it disguises your roots if you are in need of a touch up!








Let me know your favorite dry shampoos or if you try one of these and like it! :)

No comments: